This is the on-line headquarters of Boy Scouts of America, Troop 42,
of Eastern Upstate New York.
We have been a chartered unit of the Saratoga District
since 1958. We are part of the
Rivers Council serving scouts in the Capital District Area and
the counties surrounding the state capital in Albany.
Our charter organization is
Corpus Christi Catholic Church, located in the hamlet of
Ushers, in the town of Clifton Park.
Troop 42 is a strong and active organization. We
are fortunate to have a dedicated group of parents working on our
behalf. They include numerous Scout Masters and Troop
Committee Members. At Troop 42 all parents are encouraged to
participate as best they can. Many choose to help lead an
individual outing or become a merit badge councilor. Together
this teamwork combines to provide all of our scouts with the
opportunity to achieve their scouting goals.
Our mission is to
provide a program that lets each of our scouts:
- develop leadership
- participate in challenging outdoor activities
- achieve timely BSA rank advancement, and
- reap the reward of self-satisfaction that
comes with community service.
Highlights of our
annual Troop outdoor activities include:
- canoeing and backpacking in the fall
- winter lodge at Woodworth Lake
- winter lean-to camping
- downhill skiing at Gore Mountain
- advancement camp for our new scouts in
- fall and spring District/Council
- a week of summer camp at
Camp Wakpominee in
the Adirondack mountains.
Annual community service projects include:
- Scouting for Food in November
- Christmas holiday nursing home caroling
and gift giving
- Country Knolls trail maintenance in the
- Cancer Society Relay For Life in June